Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Look Back On 2015



JANUARY

January was pretty uneventful, other than Alex & I going to the movie theater. Which doesn't seem like a big deal-but we never go to the movie theater. We save our money to go on trips. But we made the except three times this year. This month we saw The Boy Next Door. I recommend it!



FEBRUARY



Alex is not a fan of Valentine's Day...at all. But he surprised me with all of the things in the top picture! Balloons, candy, cat things, a dozen roses, cupcakes, chocolate, cards... He's the sweetest guy ever.

This month it also snowed a decent amount. So much that I was snowed in at his house for a few extra days. And being the Florida guy Alex is...he had never built a snowman...or had a snowball fight. I had to show him the ropes of building a snowman because compared to him-I'm a professional. I also tackled him to the ground in the snow. Needless to say, this was a fun day!!


MARCH

I turned 25 on March 9th & was once again surprised with flowers, cupcakes, gift card, cards, and a balloon. He definitely spoils me.





APRIL

Now if you know me...Jodi Arias finally getting her life prison sentence was one of the best days of the year. Addicted to that trial. 


Alex & I took a trip to Washington D.C. (read about it here) ....We walked over 24 miles in under 48 hours. We almost died. 



MAY

Sierra & I are big girls now. 25 years old. So we took our first solo trip to Asheboro, NC to the North Carolina Zoo. We wanted to take all of the animals with us...especially the lions.



Later that May, Alex & I went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with his mom & Nanny for a few days. We always have such a great time there together. And I'm pretty sure I now have Alex & his mom addicted to Myrtle Beach. Spending our time on the beach, having dinner on the boardwalk, jumping waves in the ocean, going to Broadway At The Beach, & eating at Margaritaville because it's the best place ever to get nachos. (click here to read more & see more pictures from the trip)




JUNE



I went with Sierra & Kendall to see Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour in Charlotte, NC! It was one of the best concerts ever. We actually stood up & danced and sang along the whole time. & yes, I wore cat ears.


Later that month, Alex & I went to Orlando, Florida...We spent the day at Disney World's EPCOT. One of my good long-time friends (literally since we were babies) was getting married down at Disney World. The night before the wedding we got to hang out with everyone & use the Special Magic Hours....we basically had EPCOT to ourselves! For more on this trip... click here.




JULY

One of my cousins was getting married this month in New Jersey. We decided to take advantage of that & take my sister on her first trip to NYC. Had a wonderful time, but gotta say...it doesn't beat NYC at Christmastime. 

The next day we got to see my dad's side of the family for the wedding. We had not seen them in literally ten years! It was so great to be back with everyone. 




AUGUST


What a sad, sad month for us Duggar fans. Which in my whole family is just my mom & me. 
The show was canceled because of Josh Duggar. BUT in December they're doing a 3 part special with Jill & Jessa--hoping this will turn into a whole series! 

Take a moment to mourn the loss of 19 Kids & Counting. :(



SEPTEMBER

And the pony festivals begin.... this is us jokingly looking seductive with our renaissance clothes-but at this point I had ditched the shirt & the corset. I think our socks just complete the whole outfit. 
(If you can't tell...we're completely joking & look absolutely ridiculous) 
Basically for two days we got to pick up kids, put them on a horse, & walk around in circles for hours. For two days. It was fun, but long & not easy. And the guy who runs it...him & his wife (they call themselves the king & the queen) actually seem to think they live in the Renaissance time period. At one point the wife...I'm sorry...the QUEEN...chased a car down with an axe. Because there weren't cars back in Renaissance times & it was interfering with their little imaginary world. 
#crazypeople #imnotexaggerating #nextyearisourlastyear 




OCTOBER

October started out as any other normal October. We did our favorite festival-The John Blue Cotton Festival. And we finally got our picture taken with Jimmy Blue who keeps us entertained throughout the two days we are there. We have been doing this for 9 years...and just now got a picture? What took so long?


Oh & Sierra slipped in horse poop before going out to eat. 

And then just a few days later was the BEST day of my life! 
I GOT ENGAGED to my Prince Charming .... For the full engagement story just click  here 

& for our proposal video click here 
Needless to say, October was my favorite month out of this year :D.



NOVEMBER

This month was spent celebrating Thanksgiving & Christmastime. We went & saw The Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas show. This was my third time seeing them-& each time it is amazing!
The picture below is us in the arena about to get a gigantic pretzel to share & go watch the show.

 And then there was Thanksgiving. It was a great Thanksgiving-except no one except the two of us wanted our picture taken. Some highlights of the day :: We all played Taboo & it was one of the most hilarious things ever & the dog jumped on the counter & licked the turkey leg. My dad still ate it. 


DECEMBER

Early December Alex & I drove up to Virginia & New Jersey with my mom & dad to visit my dad's side of the family. Listening to Christmas music, lots of Portuguese food, Christmas decorations everywhere, & lots of family time! We were so busy we didn't take many pictures. 

The week of Christmas...me, my mom, my dad, my sister, her boyfriend, and my foo all went to the local Country Christmas Train. We had the BEST time. Christmas music & lights everywhere..delicious hot chocolate & fresh gingerbread cookies, train ride to see more ligthts. Cannot wait to make this a yearly thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise!

Alex & I are getting married on April 23rd  & moving to Florida that week. Everything happened so fast so we wanted to kind of upd...