Monday, September 7, 2015

Orlando, Florida - Disney World + Friend's Wedding

I haven't updated all summer long because it has been busy! One of the reasons...we flew down to Orlando for a friend of mine's Disney wedding! It feels like Alex & I have been traveling all over this year. Plus side is I have mastered dragging my carry-on throughout the airport. Normally it would flip & flop all over the place.


When we landed in Florida, we went to pick up our rental car. It was late & we were tired & still had a 1 1/2 hour drive to the hotel from the airport. We were surprised when the car company upgraded us to a Camaro. *thumbs up*



The next day we had completely free because the wedding wasn't until Friday. So we decided to spend the day at EPCOT. I was able to meet Winnie The Pooh & Tigger! And Belle! I was super excited. Way more excited than a normal 25 year old should be to meet them :P.

It being at the end of June...in Florida...it was extremely HOT. 104 degrees hot. I couldn't take my sunglasses off because the second I did, sweat that was trapped under my sunglasses would pour down my face. Sounds miserable, but we had such a great time! And that night we met up with the bride to be & some of her family to spend Extra Magic Hours in EPCOT. Best thing ever. No lines...no hot sun...Perfect!

Starting the day off at EPCOT we were able to use (for the first time ever) Magic Bands. We felt like the super heroes on Captain Planet-but instead of rings...it was wristbands. :D





It's Tinkerbell!!!!!!





The photographer told Alex to hold out his hand and for us to look surprised. We had no idea why-and we didn't even question it-so we did it. Later that night when we went to look at the pictures we noticed that Chip is sitting in Alex's hand! Cutest thing ever!




And my favorite spot at EPCOT.....the gondola dock in Italy! <3 BTW those are my first ever Minnie Mouse ears :D.




Overly excited about meeting Belle! 



I was also pretty happy meeting Winnie The Pooh & Tigger! Plus, Christopher Robin's room was indoors. So it was nice to get in some AC for a bit!




Then nighttime came :D. 



Me enjoying a nice, cold strawberry slushy smoothie with the Bride-To-Be!



Wedding group!



Next day was wedding day. It was such a beautiful wedding-completely Disney themed. She even walked down the aisle to "Beauty & The Beast".





During Cocktail Hour!



The wedding was so much fun and beautiful! Really yummy food too! 
We had all planned on meeting up at Magic Kingdom that night-but it was pouring down rain so Alex & I decided to skip it & save our Magic Kingdom tickets for our trip this October.

The next day we had some time to kill before our flight. So Alex took me around to a couple of the resorts. The Polynesian & Wilderness Lodge. Their hotels are soooo beautiful and they stick with their theme so well.


Wilderness Lodge....pool/fountain area.



And at The Polynesian! 



Of course we had to get a picture with our Camaro! I tried to recreate my picture with the car in DC but Florida weather had the car feeling like it was on FIRE. So I was in pain getting this picture taken :P.





See you again in October, Disney World! I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise!

Alex & I are getting married on April 23rd  & moving to Florida that week. Everything happened so fast so we wanted to kind of upd...