Monday, October 5, 2015

Past Halloweens!

It is October! My favorite month out of the year. The cool, crisp air...crunchy, colorful leaves...sweaters & boots, & knowing all of the holidays are coming up! Ever since I was little-I've been obsessed with Halloween. 

Now that I'm too old to go trick-or-treating (big super sad face)...coming up with what to do on Halloween has become a bit of a challenge. I live in a neighborhood that has 0 trick-or-treaters...so handing out candy is a no go. I don't "party"....so that is out too. When I stopped going trick-or-treating...it was in 2010. That year I invited some friends & family (it was only like...5 people-including myself) to a Halloween party in our basement. I made tons of Halloween-themed food, we played games & watched the original Halloween movie. In 2011, I went with my family to a different house to hand out candy. In 2012, I actually went trick-or-treating this year! I forgot about that. Ha. In 2013...all I did was dress up with some family & carve a pumpkin. Last year, I threw a Murder Mystery Party with my family. It was a blast. I cooked a fall-y meal & tons of Halloween treats. 

This year? Well....I've decided to just throw a party for some family at my house. My family is actually hiring a tarot card reader earlier in the day on Halloween. Then they're coming to my house to eat a yummy fall-y meal...with lots of halloween goodies & candy. Play some games, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Costume Contest (for the contests, Facebook friends will be the judges), & then settle down and watch the original Halloween 1 & 2 movies. 

Let me show you some of my past Halloween costumes. I have dressed up every single year of my life. 


My first ever Halloween..I was a clown & just under 8 months old.



 My second Halloween I was an Indian.






My third Halloween I was a bunny rabbit. I have no clue why my tongue is sticking out in this picture.



Not sure what year this was but I was Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. 



And I was a witch....



One year I was a ghost...



One year a vampire....




My senior year of high school (2007) I was a fairy. This wings were a disaster. I hooked everyone I got close to.



2008-after graduating high school....I was BatGirl.



2009 I was a devil.



2010 I was the Bride of Frankenstein. LOVED wearing white contacts. Definitely perfected my costume!



In 2011, not too long after Alex & I started dating... My kitty Jasper & I dressed up as Bumble Bees!



In 2012, Jasper & I switched places for Halloween! I went as a black cat & he went as a pig! (my nickname is piggy) By the way, you can tell Jasper is super thrilled.



In 2013 I was a witch & Jasper was my black cat haha :). <3 He wore a orange feathery collar.



And then last year...during the day while I got things prepared for my Murder Mystery Party that was happening that night...I dressed up as Minnie Mouse & Jasper was Mickey Mouse <3.



And later that night I was dressed as my character for our murder mystery party!




I'm hoping my little Halloween party with my family goes smoothly this year. I plan on being a flapper from the 1920's & Jasper is going to be a gangster! :D I should probably begin meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise!

Alex & I are getting married on April 23rd  & moving to Florida that week. Everything happened so fast so we wanted to kind of upd...