Thursday, January 8, 2015

New York City : Part IV The Intrepid & The Concorde

Our last day in New York was a very jam-packed day. It was the first day the sun was out & shining. Perfect-because we were going to do a lot of outside things that day.

We started out the day with coffee going to see the Intrepid. This was all for Alex. This was the number one thing he wanted to do in NY. Me? I was excited to see the huge buildings, times square, the empire state building...the usual tourist attractions. Alex? He was so excited to see fire trucks in Times Square & to see the intrepid. I had never heard of it.

It was a 20 minute walk, but it was nice to see a different part of the city. It was in an area where there aren't as many tourists...mainly people that actually live there in the tiny apartments. People were walking their tiny doggies that had sweaters on.

Once we made it to the intrepid, the first thing we did was go in the museum-which was actually INSIDE the ship itself. It took me a little while to even figure that out. I was able to figure out more about this whole ship & aircrafts around it...

The Intrepid is a gigantic ship (size of three football fields huge) that was used in World War 2, Cold War, & Vietnam War. Right now it sits on the Hudson River.



I wanted to have our picture taken by the Hudson River because I'm a huge Sleepy Hollow fan & if you know the story then you know they talk about the Hudson a lot :P.






The place had tons of different kinds of planes. I can't tell you what they all are...but Alex could. But it doesn't matter I guess... They're all purty to look at :D



We also had a guided tour of the Concorde (unfortunately I don't have a picture of the outside of the plane...I'm sure Alex does somewhere though). The plane would break through the sound barrier. CRAZY. It also holds a record time for fastest flight... NY to Paris in TWO hours 59 minutes & 59 seconds. Insane. I also sat in Paul McCartney's favorite seat. Lol!



 We also went in a different museum there. & inside was a spaceship. space shuttle. idk. something like that. It was HUGE and absolutely terrifying. I can't remember why they said this one never took off to space...I was actually in pain at the time. I have a stomach ulcer & it was acting up-so I sat down the whole time-except for taking this pano picture.


After this we took a tour of the ship. It was HUGE. It was crazy to hear about all of the things that the ship had been through...and how many famous people have been on it...Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Angelina Jolie...Well I thought that part was interesting.

We spent much longer here than we had anticipated. I believe we were there 2-3 hours. So we quickly ate at a McDonald's...& decided we would go to The Empire State Building next. We decided that we would walk. This was about a 40 minute walk. O.O......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise!

Alex & I are getting married on April 23rd  & moving to Florida that week. Everything happened so fast so we wanted to kind of upd...