Monday, October 26, 2015

We're Engaged!





If you haven't already heard, we're engaged!!! It couldn't have been more perfect...Alex did such a great job. *thumbs up* He did everything to make it so special & the best day ever! And more importantly I'm super excited to marrying my prince charming.

WARNING : LOTS OF PICTURES.

We flew to Florida a day before our 4 year anniversary. We stayed on Disney property for the first time ever & it was amaaaazing! Coronado Springs Resort could not have been prettier!!!





That night we took one of the Disney buses to Hollywood Studios. From there we walked to the Boardwalk-planning on eating supper. It had been a long day & we were both starving. It was almost a twenty minute walk...I think. Once we made it there, we went to one of the restaurants and there was an hour wait. We were starving & figured that was too long to wait-it was already getting late. So we decided to walk around the boardwalk & then just order room service.

Once we get back to the room-we realize our suitcase had still not been brought to our room. It was around 10pm...we were tired & the suitcase had our pajamas and everything that we needed to go to sleep. So we ordered food from the hotel restaurant and had them deliver it to the room. Alex got a burger & I got a deeeelicious grilled cheese. We finished eating & our bags STILL had not got there. Alex called the front desk & they said the bags were being delivered and ours should be there soon. Trying so hard to stay awake to wait for our bag... they finally showed up at 11:30pm.

Disney's Magical Express...this was the one flaw in our trip! A 6-7 hour wait for our bag.... too long!

The next morning we were up early to take the bus on over to EPCOT. We did a few rides, had breakfast, & met a few characters. Then we met up with one of my friends who was there with her husband. She knew the whole time that Alex would be proposing that day & I had no idea. Since it was the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT...it was packed full of people. So we walked around the countries together...stopping at different countries to get different foods. Not too long after that...our friends had to leave-but we had pictures taken together in front of the Fountain of Nations.



After they left we decided to walk around the countries again & stopped in some shops to look around. We also stopped in Mexico to take a boat ride. It was really crowded & getting hot. So we walked off to my favorite place in EPCOT....The gondola in Italy! There was hardly anyone around there. Being right on the water & the wind blowing...helped us cool off a ton. So we just stood there looking around, watching the ducks, & me being concerned for some type of bird I didn't recognize that completely dunked itself under water for about a minute. It came back up. :P

We noticed a photographer on the bridge several feet away. There was a line of people waiting to get their picture taken & Alex mentioned he was going to see if the photographer would come over by the water to take our picture. I said sure-but I was staying where I was...I sat down at the fountain to rest my feet. A moment later he came back saying the photographer said yeah and he would be over once the line ended. It didn't take long before he came over. So Alex & I went to stand together & pose for the camera. I didn't notice that he had a very distracted look on his face (which showed up in the few pictures the photographer took before Alex proposed).







Notice how his hand in his pocket?? Yeah, I didn't notice that. Then he turned around and after that it is kind of a blur for both of us. 



I remember him saying "There is something that I have been meaning to ask you"...Then he got down on one knee...."I love you"...."Will you marry me?" - There were sentences in between there but I can't remember what they were. 



And here is my favorite picture.....


At some point I said yes & I honestly don't even remember saying it. It happened so fast! We were very excited.






Immediately we hugged, kissed, & I heard a crowd clapping, cheering, & going "woo!"...It turns out the people in line had told the photographer to go ahead and take the pictures of us since they heard Alex saying he was going to propose. They also yelled "Congratulations!". It was seriously the neatest thing ever! LOL. 


You can tell it was extremely windy by looking at my hair flying all over the place....


The photographer did such a great job!




After that we went & switched out our "Happy 4 'ears' Anniversary" buttons for "Happily Ever After" buttons! :D



I told Alex that I needed to sit down, lol, so I sat back down on the fountain. He sat down next to me. We sat there talking when this guy walked up with his cute little boy. He said that he video recorded the proposal & wanted Alex's e-mail address so he could send it to him once he gets back to England in 2 weeks. So, hopefully he will remember to send that video because I would love to see it!

We then decided we needed to make tons of phone calls to certain people before anything was announced on social media. After several phone calls each... he was like "Are you ready..haha!" About changing our relationship status on Facebook. Because we knew once we did that our Facebook notifications were going to blow up. And it did. When we would sit down throughout the rest of the day/night we would check our phones to see all of the congratulation posts. It was crazy to see how many people congratulated us.

By the end of the night...we were both very tired. But I wanted to see Illuminations. Which is light/firework/fountain show. We picked our spot to watch the fireworks by the water-and it was so cold. I didn't know Florida could get that cold. It was also very windy, so that did not help. But it was so worth it! The show was sooo pretty!! I loved it and cannot wait to go see it again.

So thanks to all of the friends & family who congratulated us! We really appreciated it & were overwhelmed by all of them! We have the greatest friends and most supporting, wonderful families...we're very lucky! I'm also extremely lucky & thankful that I have the most amazing guy...and cannot wait to spend the rest of our lives together!!

Also, lots of people are asking when the date of the wedding is. We haven't set one. Right now we are just enjoying being engaged. Once we set a date-we will let everyone know!

Oh & it's really weird saying that we are each other's fiance-instead of boyfriend & girlfriend. 

2 comments:

  1. Precious! Congratulations! I know you will treasure those pictures forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kristian! And yes, I am so glad he had a photographer there...

      Delete

Surprise!

Alex & I are getting married on April 23rd  & moving to Florida that week. Everything happened so fast so we wanted to kind of upd...